Объявление 2014 Американская Виндсерфинг тура:
Trade Wind Events, who presented the hugely successful 2011/2012/2013 AWT and the 2010 Пистолет реки волны Bash, will be again organizing the annual American Windsurfing Tour.
• The premier event of the 2014 season is to be held at the famed beach at Waddell Creek, just south of San Francisco. It’s been scheduled for the first weekend in June to take advantage of the prime spring sailing season in Central California.
• The infamous Pistol River Wave Bash becomes the second stop, held once again in June during that magical time in Southern Oregon when the spring swells are still hitting and the more consistent summer winds are kicking in.
• Building off the success of the 2012/2013 Pacasmayo Classic in Peru, the AWT has added it again for 2014. Pacasmayo boasts one of the world’s longest waves, and it is a true down the line Port-tack wave sailing venue. With the addition of the Pacasmayo Classic, the AWT now covers North and South America.
• Next it’s off to Punta San Carlos, on Mexico’s Baja peninsula, for some world-class down the line wave sailing. To be held mid August, in the hopes of coinciding with a tasty south swell from the other hemisphere.
• In association with Trade Winds Events, the crew that has been bringing you the Hatteras Wave Jam is getting ready to go prime time with their event mid September as the East Coast’s fall sailing season ramps up in earnest.
• Appropriately enough, the last stop and tour championship is held at windsurfing’s Mecca, Ho’okipa Beach Park on Maui. The end of October is of course prime timing to catch both wind and swell in Hawaii, and will be by all estimations, an epic finish to the tour.